Gearbox & Lights


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Little update today, unfortunately about 2 weeks ago my gearbox decided to break and leave me stranded in Otley at about 1am on a Friday night which turned out to be fun. The car wasn't driveable so I had to get it towed to my local garage which took another week. The gearbox got diagnosed as properly broken so I located a Glanza gearbox to swap it with, the Glanza gearbox has apparently been sat unused for about 1 year so I was a little sceptical about it but the gear shift was very smooth and no crunching noises. I took the car for a test drive to found out that it made some rather nasty grinding sounds while in gear, I have been told this could be down the the bearings on the differential being worn so it looks like i'll have to replace these before its back to normal.

On a good note though the Glanza gearbox has slightly different ratio's to the C52 gearbox found in the EP82 cars. Due to the Glanza's extra weight 3rd and 4th gears are much shorter and geared towards acceleration which is actually brilliant in the lightweight EP82 chassis, at least I think it is. The car fly's up hills and changing from 2nd to 3rd whilst cornering keeps it in the perfect range for the turbo to fully boost.



Once I got the car home I decided I install some random part I had lying around in my drawers. Its a set of LED lights to replace the nasty looking yellow fog lights that were once there. PIAA make some kool light upgrades and I've seen these on a few other cars in the past such as the J's Racing S2000 which I thought looked Kakkoi.

PIAA LED Deno3 Lights


0 Responses to “Gearbox & Lights”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Friends Site's

Interesting Links